I did watch some Netflix:
- Disappointed by season 2 of Stranger Things, which makes me think season 1 was perhaps seen through rose-colored glasses. A little too goofy, with side-plots that did not pay off.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the Fargo the series -- Billy Bob Thornton opposite Martin Freeman, who'da thunkit? Second season was weaker overall, but still enjoyable.
- Inside Llewyn Davis -- I must be missing something because while it contained many of the ingredients I like this Coen brothers film just did not do it for me. Maybe they are not very good at all?
- Big Mouth -- Watched this one on a whim and it surprisingly tickled me in the right places.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 -- Again, it felt like I should've liked this one more but I just was not that impressed. It's a just a little too smug in its self-awareness.
- Train to Busan -- A decent take on a zombie film.
- Bridesmaids -- Holy cow I finally saw Bridesmaids! I used to be a big fan of Kristen Wiig, and I recall being excited to see this one. But I guess my tastes have changed, or maybe the film was never really all that? It was ok.
- Shrek -- MJ convinced me to check this one out, if only to take in such a well known film. I don't think it stood the test of time very well.
- Narcos -- Excellent, if depressing to think about. How oblivious I was to this chaos!
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency Season 2-- Possibly better than season 1? Random, unpredictable, over-the-top fun.
- Fullmetal Alchemist (anime TV series) -- This one to fill in holes in time, usually enjoyed while eating. I mean, it's definitely a kids' show, and the premise is ridiculous. I don't suggest anyone get into it.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine -- Funny enough. Maybe I'm unable enjoy police humor?
- Black Mirror Season 4 -- A couple good episodes and a bunch of terrible ones. Like, I regret seeing them, and not simply because they were physically disgusting.
- Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories -- The comparison to Tampopo is fair, and that's a good thing.
- Okja -- Another good idea well implemented but ultimately not satisfying.
Day to day, I fare well enough. Things have settled down, almost into a routine. My exciting improvements have leveled off. I seem to be having difficulty gaining weight, which is not helped by my shrunken appetite. I look forward to being more active, something I imagine happening during the warmer months.