return of the hack

Alive I remain, a little slower, a lot thinner. My recovery from the pouch reversal surgery took much longer than I'd anticipated, and it has had a lasting negative effect on my daily comfort. Sometimes it's an unexpected urgency to need to use a bathroom (though in actuality there is nothing "there", so to speak), and other times it's an aching in my groin, like a raw bruising. Sitting can help with the former, but I turn to acetaminophen for the latter. During my recovery I tired surprisingly easily, and stayed home for much of May and June.

I am now back at work, and slowly does my mind seem to focus again, to clear away the fog of being away for so long. I try to pick up my daily good habits, though it is difficult, very difficult.

I do play a lot of games, mostly Hearthstone, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars. I have gotten back into playing id's Rage, which picks up once you get past all the racing you have to do. I still marvel at the detail that went into making the characters look right, somewhere above the uncanny valley. I also reinstalled Diablo 3, but after a couple hours I think Grim Dawn was just a lot more fun, albeit more gruesome.

Shows! I've watched a few:

  • RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8. I had my doubts but this is a highly entertaining, very creative show.
  • Better Call Saul Season 2. Excellent writing, possibly better than Breaking Bad.
  • Jessica Jones. I like that it's about strategy. mind-games and wit and not (generally) about physical force.
  • Chewing Gum. Fun while it lasts.
  • The Last Kingdom. Another surprise hit. Starts off with you rolling your eyes at Uhtred's antics but he does grow with the show, which itself gets quickly better and better. Addictive.
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Super fun, full of quality laughs that you'd expect from the people that made 30 Rock. Titus is superb.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo