OLPC, watching tv, video games at work

Confound it! I spent a couple hours Saturday attempting to get my OLPC to work with my WPA connection. Unfortunately it very much appears that I'll have to wait until they release a patch, as my varied manual attempts garnered little success. There really does appear to be some kind of odd 10 character minimum or the like at work with the passphrase. Maybe I'll get the gumption to try again later, but for now it's pretty much a disappointment at home.

So fiddling with my wireless involved re-booting my router, which I seem to always forget makes it lose its virtual settings and so that's why hwan.com wasn't available today. Sorry!

Not that you missed much. I spent the weekend at home, sleeping, watching the second season of 30 Rock as well as the first season of the American The Office. A much different type of humour, but it's nice to see the translation from the original UK version.

Our office has become quite the games-atorium, what with Go, backgammon, StarCraft, and NHL '08, my time come 5 PM is pretty slotted up! Oh, and today we've added chess to the mix, so things are getting fairly spicy. Actually I'm quite upset with my StarCraft play of late -- we've introduced a couple new players and the game is getting pretty tough for me. It's been a while since I've had a convincing win. Sigh, getting old.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

fifty is the number