Lost iPhone, birthday with family. Pirates!

Birthday was a quiet night out with a friend, playing pool and such. So much so that I seem to have misplaced my iPhone, yes precious. I briefly flirted with the idea of not getting a replacement but it seems nobody wants me to go without it. I miss the iPod functionality most and have turned to imeem.com for my temporary music fix. Oh, but back to my birthday. Yes very quiet and I have no recollection of the latter parts of the evening. Exactly.

Saturday I spent primarily in bed haunted by odd, unexpected dreams. In the late afternoon I was able to finally drag myself from my hangover grave to frantically clean my apartment before my family came over for dinner. My mom brought her usual serving of far more food than necessary, though all completely appreciated. Presents, yes. Nothing extravagant, some books, a plant, bowls, homemade cookies. Funny, I was so stressed trying to get my apartment in shape and it seemed to all work out and I guess I stressed for naught.

Sunday I spent finishing the second season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a really funny show. I mean, up there with Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Perhaps not as smart as Arrested Development, but up there in terms of laughs-per-minute. I know I suggest a lot of things, but this one gets a gold star IT'S THAT GOOD.

Oh, sure, still gaming here and there. I put a few hours into the remake of Sid Meier's Pirates, a game I'd always wanted to try. The game does stir my love of the Aubrey/Maturin series, though really only the sailing bits which are very well done. The other parts, such as sword fighting and dancing, play more like timing puzzles and lose their appeal once you get the hang of them, they being the mindless, reflex-based things they are.

Sleep! Lest we forget its worth allow this old salt to turn in.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo