Enjoying the Oscars, not Slumdog

I rather enjoyed that Oscars. Hugh Jackman, kudos to you, sir. Loved the intro song and dance routine. Kudos to Steve Martin and Tiny Fey, Ben Stiller. The reality television reviews before each actor award, hmmm, not sure about those. I liked it when the person giving the speech added their own personal touch to what sounded otherwise like a very robotic speech. OH big kudos to that little bit James Franco and Seth Rogen did, ha, that made me laugh. Also: domo arigato, mr roboto.

So Slumdog Millionaire was the big winner, eh? I guessed as much after that musical number they did but for a while I thought it was going to be a race between Milk and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I recently saw Slumdog Millionaire (as well as The Wrestler and Kung Fu Panda), and well... I would be hesitant to call it the Best Picture. It was entertaining, certainly, but it had a few things that didn't sit well me. Mostly I didn't think Dev Patel was very good -- wooden, bland, simple. Sorry guy!

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo