father recovering, knee injured

My father had his surgery and is recovering, his quality of life diminished, though his spirits have mostly returned. My sister and I have been squeezing a bit more time in for family. The fate of the cancer remains to be seen. Mother seems to bear it well, all things considered.

I have been going on a few dates, so that is something. Saw a few movies (Inside Out, Ant-Man, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation). Went sailing around the island with friends. Didn't much notice the Pan Am games, despite the warnings. I caught some preliminary archery on July 16th, which was fun enough.

Oh right I injured my knee! Not terribly, but enough to keep me from going to karate. We suspect it's a meniscal tear, and an ultrasound and X-ray showed it's likely not more than that, if that. It happened during sparring -- my leg got caught as my partner and I wrestled for position and gave out, a sharp, sudden pain freezing my body. It doesn't bother me too much now, and is seemingly getting better all the time. I do hope I remain able to do my brown belt test this year, but I have to temper that against keeping my knee healthy.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo