Escape!

Hola! Or, perhaps an "aloha" would be more accurate? I am leaving for Maui in a couple hours, having decided to join Jenning's marital festivities after all. A rash decision, made in a fit of desperation, and one that certainly bites on a financial level. It's amusing that even at my age I still have problems sleeping, with the foolish fear of missing the flight. Well, I did miss one major flight, back in Denmark, but that was a simple mistake of dates on my part.

Anyway, yeah, Hawaii. I keep thinking of how this might be the last few days of my life -- fall into a volcano, or eaten by a shark, etc. It was a nice life, though I am sorry to leave so many days half-lived. More sorry to those I was a dastardly bastard to, a cowardly scoundrel. I don't know that I deserve anything like forgiveness, but I certainly feel that I am wiser now, eyes more open to my actions.

Should I happen to make it, I'll be back by the 29th. No plans for New Years. Not that I really need one, or strongly feel the need to have one. We'll see.

Oh, December.. yeah a month of work stress and little else. LiveGreen had its little party. I guess the highlight was a visit by Krista, and having a lively dinner at Rodney's Oyster House, followed by the even livelier play Ride the Cyclone. Described as the "anti-Glee", it was pretty fantastic. I'd suggest you see it if it weren't already over, which is a damn shame.

Christopher Hitchens died! The weight of his loss is greatly felt by this atheist. I saw him debate once, a small affair at UW, and him having to video his side in, but one still got the impression of what a giant of among men he was, of his intellect, of his eloquence. I am glad to have had that, at least.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo