Ride for Heart, a2chow's housewarming, King of Kong

The Becel Ride for Heart was a success! If, by success, one means that it happened, that it didn't rain, and that I rode hard and didn't injure myself. Downside was that this year our merry little band did not manage to stick together, which is lamentful. Everyone seemed to otherwise enjoy themselves, which is important. My writing abilities at 1:36 in the morning? Rueful.

What did I do Friday night? Hmmm.. I really do not recall. I know that Saturday I went to a2chow's loft housewarming -- Mill Street beer, penguins, toys, music. But wow, I really do not remember what Friday was. GEEZ what the hell? I know I didn't drink, because I was still kind of ill from Tuesday's and Thursday's indulgences. Was it a movie? Oh man this is bothering me.

Anyway, yesterday, Sunday, I watched The King of Kong, a documentary about the lives of world champion classic arcade game players, who otherwise lead adult lives.

Jillian Wiebe: I never knew that the Guinness World Record Book was so... I never knew it was so important.
Steve Wiebe: I guess a lot of people are... yeah, a lot of people read that book.
Jillian Wiebe: [while directly looking at Steve, her father] Some people sort of ruin their lives to be in there.

The film does take a few jabs at these characters, but only because they really seem so unreal. The ego! Of course one ends up rooting for the new kid, the challenger to the high and mighty throne. I enjoyed this film from start to end, and would eagerly watch it again.

Blast it to heck, let me think about Friday.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo