can't concentrate, Korean language

I can feel my memory going. Or rather, I feel that I am less able to concentrate, less able to remember. Which is disheartening, as I didn't exactly have a stellar memory to begin with. My sleeping habits and lack of dreams is what I blame it on. It's a real struggle for me to sleep properly. I have been pretty good with my vow to stay relatively dry this year, keeping myself to 1 or 2 drinks per outing. Still, my mind is not what it once was.

Just the other day I was listening to a Pimsleur language tape and had to listen to a conversation nearly eight times as I kept zoning out and thinking of other things. Upon further reflection it could be that I've become so used to filtering out Korean that I need to make a special effort to pay attention when it is spoken. Years of turning a deaf ear to my parent's conversations with their friends gave me the training I am now trying to undo. It is rather slow going. I was amused to discover that I sometimes write the Korean "sieut" character as a Greek lowercase lambda, as they are left-right mirror images of each other.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

fifty is the number