Barking Dogs Never Bite, Buffalo shopping, thinking of Vipassana

Friday I got around to watching Barking Dogs Never Bite, the first film directed by The Host's Joon-ho Bong, and much like The Host, it is difficult to categorize. Primarily a black comedy, it also exhibits a flair for action, light comedy, drama and suspense, leaving one never sure where the pace will move to next. It even managed to make me gag slightly, perturbed as I was by an unexpected gristly turn. The ending is not very memorable unfortunately, a pity to an otherwise highly entertaining, original movie.

Saturday was a malformed trip to Buffalo for deals and shopping. I think I got all my vitamin mall for the next year or two. I was temporarily tempted into getting GTA IV, but managed to resist.

What else... eh, not really much. I still plan on going to that Vipassana thing, just waiting on a friend who is also interested. I should try to avoid anticipating it having too great an effect on me. I mean, I think it's definitely worth trying. I just don't know what it is I need to do any more. I've realized, or at least have finally admitted, that there simply isn't any time for everything I want to do! I've cut down a lot of my television time, but I still need to avoid surfing and reading junk.

Nearly 11, should think about sleep. Sleep, a chance at peace, perchance to rest. In sleep, do we not accept an end? Perhaps that is my problem -- I do not want to end.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo