CFI, almost karaoke, Iron Man

Friday night I went to the Centre For Inquiry Ontario to see a lecture on "Early Skeptics: Atheism, Agnosticism and Religious Dissent in Ancient Western Civilization", which is kind of a long-winded way of saying we talked about Greeks (Xenophanes, Lucretius, Sextus Empiricus, etc) who wrote about why they believed in the gods. Perhaps dry, but quite the bone to gnaw on. The lecture was made temporarily lively by the ribald, almost surreal comments of a loud woman in the back of the room, which was made up of otherwise spindly old men and urban philosopher hippies.

After a delicious meal at Rol San (crispy beef and sweet and sour pork), I streetcar'ed over to the Gladstone to meet some friends for karaoke, though the waiting list proved greater than our desire to sing past our bedtimes. I did learn that it takes 20 minutes to walk home from that corner.

Sunday I saw the Iron Man film, which I quite enjoyed. Even though you see much of the movie in the previews (and can thus guess much of the content), the acting and action are enough to keep one interested. *MINOR SPOILER* It ends in a pretty silly Boss Fight. It was playing at the new Yonge and Dundas 24 AMC, which was a bit of an experience to be sure. Still so new, and you have to take like 4 escalators to get to the individual theatres.

Gosh, am I really caught up on both my 30 Rock and The Office watching? Cool.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of trying Vipassana meditation. Ten days of no talking! Joy.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo