Cottage weekend

Strangely enough, I went to a cottage this weekend. I mean, I'm not exactly the cottage-going type -- few amenities, lots of bugs, zero computers. Still, I managed to enjoy myself with good company, lots of exercise, and plenty of food. The cottage was located right beside Sandy Lake (north-east of Peterborough), which you can see in this Google Maps link is incredibly clear and clean. The warm weather combined with the bright yet mild sunlight allowed us to spend hours canoeing, paddle-boating, and swimming. In the evening we fiddled and prodded and poked with a campfire, a definite case of too many chefs in the kitchen ("They said it couldn't catch fire..."). There's definitely something to cooking and eating your own food over a wood flame, even if it is just a hotdog or marshmallow.

I'm still not a cottage person, but I guess I have more of a tolerance to them. An open-mindedness, if you will.

Thursday night I saw that new Wanted film. Ehhhhhh... what can I say? Lots of crazy stunts and silly bullet action. As I said to my friend, if I was 20 years younger I'd have loved it. It wasn't my first choice of film by a long shot, but I will grudgingly confess that I was entertained, a guilty thrill at the clang and crash. I guess for mindless explosions and scene after scene of throwing physics out the window, Wanted fills the bill.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo