out and about, changing phones

Pops and I went to Raq-n-Waq on Friday night (as The Charlotte Room was taken over by a party) and much to my disappointment the place had changed ownership! Also, the tables were in a sad state -- chipped pieces, tables squished together, broken triangles. End of an era. It seems the transition to The Charlotte Room is complete. Pity, that.

I spent much of this evening trying to figure out how to transfer SMS text messages from my Sony Ericcson W200 to my computer. Of course, the packaged install that comes with the phone was useless bloatware -- 75 MB of drivers so that I can explore my phone slower than Window's default USB explorer? I think not. And of course, the uninstall blew up a torrent of error messages, complaining that it couldn't find files I didn't install, leaving my system nigh-useless until after two reboots.

Thankfully, I finally found an excellent piece of freeware, MyPhoneExplorer. It makes backup and restore a joy. That life can be so kind!

Saturday I went to Ultra Supper Lounge with some friends. Interesting place with a great patio, which gives a lovely view of Toronto. They were shooting some kind of reality show pilot -- yuppies polished, men in suits and ladies in revealing summer dresses. We had arrived at 9 to avoid the rush (and the cover), and by 11 the patio was filled to the brim with people beaming and looking over each other's shoulders, pricey drinks in hand.

Comments

Hotness

Enter Whitby

Peterborough

Yo